I no longer strive to keep it all in balance. What I’m going for is groundedness. A way to stay connected to myself and my inner source even when day around me ebbs and flows with errands and stresses and opportunities and unexpected demands.
Even when things are out of balance, you can find peace while staying connected to your core. Grounded in your higher self. Here’s how to do it.
1. Laugh. Do not take it all so seriously. Life can be joyous, easy. It can also be absurd and complicated. Find humor in it all. Laughter is the song of the soul, look for things to laugh about every day and crack up.
2. Offer self-compassion. Go easy on yourself. No matter how good or bad your day is going you are still marvelous. Seriously. Treat yourself that way. Be accountable for your mistakes, but also be kind. Cut yourself a break. A little self-compassion makes us feel better, sure, but it also keeps us going and helps us remain productive.
3. Get going. Go for a walk around the block, head to the gym, do a log roll down the hall, heck, I don’t care, just get moving. The exercise will strengthen your heart and muscles and lower your stress. It also reminds you how strong, and capable and amazing your body is and that is another way to connect to the mind/body/spirit trifecta that grounds us. Another way to get grounded in your body is to visualize a giant rod or line, running through your body and into the core of the Earth. Imagine that you are rooted to the Earth this way, a part of all that is.
4. Drop the drama. The easiest way to do this is to stop taking things personally. It is not all about you. In fact, most things aren’t about you. Become present to what is. Stop imagining what others are saying about you or thinking about you and mind your own business, right here, right now in this moment.
5. Pay attention. Slow down several times a day and pay attention to the process. Pause in the midst of a chore, or shower. Take a break during a work project, or a commute and just notice. While washing your hands, notice the temperature of the water, the sound as it hits the sink, the smell of the soap. Really tune in to the moments of your life while you’re taking on routine tasks throughout the day and you will reconnect to your core.
6. Move outside. Nothing more grounded than Mother Nature. Seriously, take 30 seconds to get outside and notice the dandelions in the lawn that always seem to persist. The way the trees bend, but rarely break in the wind. The stunning architecture of a spider web. We are made from the same elements that make up the stars and the oceans and the galaxies. We are part of all that. Reconnect with your natural source and you’ll feel more grounded.
It’s easy to get caught up in the external struggles and demands of the daily routine. But, even when you do, you can stay grounded to your higher self, connected to your source, and you’ll feel a whole lot better as you go through your day.
Photo from Stock.xchng